Thursday, August 4, 2011

My 1st day and 1st week of working life

1st August 2011

This is the special date to remember in my life. After so many years for my study life, i need to enter into working society.

I work as a admin support officer in one of the multinational company in Malaysia--International Business Machine (IBM). The position i'm taking now mainly need to provide support to the IBM business partner in one of the region. Generally, it definitely do not have any work or task for the new comer on 1st week in every company. But it depends on the company whether is MNC or small company.

In IBM, it totally make me feel satisfied and comfortable when i enter into this department. Everyone seem like very busy except me. Due to i just join into this big family, i need time to learn all the IBM program and how to process everything. However, the most important is to know about my colleague.

In IBM, the management system here is quite efficient. Besides, the working environment consider good compare to other place. IBM is a company that very concern and focus on the employee needs. For example, the facilities in every department especially pantry is very nice. Some of the rules and regulation in IBM is quite good for the employee especially security.

Overall, I feel satisfied about IBM. As IBMer, you will access a lot of the program and knowledge about the software which is very high tech since IBM is a America company that provide software and hardware to global distributor and other business partner in the world.

One thing you need to concern if you wish to join IBM family is the ability to work under stress and work overtime. It is depends your luck to enter which team. But most of time you need to work overtime in IBM especially end of the month. If you wish to work for 9-5 or relax job, i think IBM is not your employer choice.

My career goal in IBM is to learn as much as i can and continue to contribute my skill and knowledge to this company in order to build my career path in MNC company in my future.

Always keep in mind that you only can perform well either you have your target or you know what you want for your future. Moreover, it does not means that you only have the bright future in MNC company. It depends on your interest and job satisfaction. So, make sure that you know what you want from the job. If not, you cant perform well in the company and it waste you and company time.

So, wish me good luck and i wish everyone good luck too in working life.

No comments:

Post a Comment